First Author - Tony Morrison
Tony Morrison is a Nobel Prize and Pulitzer Prize winning American novelist, editor, and professor.
- 1977 National Book Critics Circle Award for Song of Solomon
- 1977 American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters Award
- 1987-88 Robert F. Kennedy Book Award
- 1988 American Book Award for Beloved
- 1988 anisfield-Wolf Book Award in Race Relations for Beloved
- 1988 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction for Beloved
- 1989 MLA Commonwealth Award in Literature
- 1993 Nobel Prize for Literature
- 1993 Commander of the Arts and Letters, Paris
- 1994 Concorcet Medal, Paris
- 1994 Pearl Buck Award
- 1994 Rhegium Julii Prize for Literature
- 1996 Jefferson Lecture
- 1996 National Book Foundation's Medal of Distinguished Contribution to American Letters
- 2000 National Humanities Medal
Second Author - Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi
- attended a community college (no reference to which one)
- appeared on a show called Is She Really Going Out With Him in a episode called Jerz Pud
- got put into a TV series called Jersey Shore after responding to a Facebook ad
- wrote a book called Snooki, A Shore Thing
What do these illustrious authors (well in Snooki's case lets say
Both authors have been hired by Rutgers Univ. for speaking engagements.
Snooki appeared last Thursday evening to speak in an informal Q and A session where she imparted such nuggets of wisdom as
- her version of a PHD, which is a "poof hair do"
- the proper way to do a "fist bump"
- Oh and the wise advice of "Study hard but party harder!".
Tony Morrison, is due to speak at the university's commencement on May 15th so, I really can't say what her speech might include. I venture to guess that it will not include anything to do with fist bumping but why should she give out such detailed instruction on anything that important. Because.....
She is going to be paid $30,000.00
My two thoughts on these two authors and their two paychecks is this....
Rutgers can claim that Snooki's fee didn't come out of the school's operating budget but that still doesn't justify anything. They can also say this is a speaker that the kids wanted and Snooki is their peer. I call Bullsh***. There is NO REASON, a respected school should hire a vapid, ill behaved brat to come and speak to students. The fact that they are throwing $32,000 down the toilet to have Snooki spew her trashy philosophies is just WRONG.
Tony Morrison is being quoted in the news today that the disparity in the pay doesn't bother her at all. She is looking forward to speaking with the students. Good for her, I guess. (I think, I wouldn't take it that well)
One way to look at it, is she won't have to try very hard to have a better speech than Snooki. The bar has been set pretty low.
The Good for the day....The students at Rutgers will have a great speaker for their graduation.
The Bad for the Day....That Snooki would make that much money for being crass.
The Weird for the day....See Bad for the Day
Really I think the girl doing this parody is so much cuter than the real Snooki but she somewhat captures Nicole Polizzi's Snookiness.
Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!
The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments.
View More Top Sites Tuesday Participants on Technorati here.
See who Tweeted this Post!