A couple of days ago Bud, from over at Older Eyes sent me a challenge. Bud writes an really interesting blog on a myriad of topics as they are viewed by his "older eyes". Bud, I believe is 67ish and I am not sure that I think of him as "older" but I certainly think of him as a great writer of interesting viewpoints.
Back to the subject....he sent me a challenge that I can participate in if I choose to. Here are the rules. Only two...that shouldn't be hard...should it?
1. The blogger who is nominated must publish 7 links of his/her own blog for the categories below. (1 link per category)
2. The blogger then nominates 5-7 bloggers to take part, and it (hopefully) goes on.
For you bloggers out there that are grabbing a brown paper sack to either breath into or vomit because your mind is screaming out "Please, dear God, don't let her pick me." I understand these can be extra work but this one is A. not so work intensive and B. If you don't want to participate I won't put an evil hex on you and your future generations.
So as far as my posts, this may be difficult. These categories suggest that I have posted some substantive articles. Beautiful??? Controversial?? Helpful...really, I am pretty sure none of those apply.
1. Most Beautiful Post...perhaps I could call the Taking to the Trails post as my most beautiful. I don't mean it is beautiful in the "sentimental, heartwarming" way but more the "aren't walking trails pretty?" kind of way.
2. Most Popular Post - my most popular post was one that I did last April called Last Chance Deductions, Maybe or Maybe Not. Hopefully, no one was relying on my advice to finish their tax returns. I suspect it's popularity was because of idiots waiting until April 15th had Googled the words "tax deductions". Poor, babies didn't get any help from me.
So here are my picks for 5 bloggers that I love to read. There really are a lot that I enjoy but for today, I am going to pick on...oops..I mean pick. Really, for you five play if you want or not. I know you are busy.
1.Kimberly at The Wyatt Zoo
Kimberly has the cutest of families...truly...cutest. She writes the sweetest stories of how they live their life and this is what good parenting looks like. Her stories are always fun and interesting.
2. June at The Neurosis Files
Let's just cut to the chase, here. June is a riot. Super funny and has the knack for taking any subject and making it hysterical. She just redesigned her website and it is very cool.
3. Aleta at Fleur de Aleta
Aleta is a true southerner that writes about her life and interest. I love that she is such a good fellow blogger and weighs in with comments. AND her comments are always insightful, smart, clever and kind.
4. Anne Dickens at Anne Dickens: The Day After Yesterday
Anne Dickens not only has the most beautiful little girl but she also has the cutest dog that she refers to as Naughty George. I prefer to think of him as Darling George. Anne lives in Oxfordshire, England which makes her life seems more interesting than most. She always has loads of great photos that has me wanting to jump on a plane and go see the glorious sights that surround her. The other thing about Anne, she is perhaps the kindest, most helpful of all humans on earth. Not only in the blogosphere but if you follow her posts she is forever doing for others.
5. Madge at I-Madge-Ine The Twaddle
Madge is the uber-commenter. If I were picking a select group to have read my blog she would be on the short list. I love her ability to converse via the Internet in a way that I know her and I would be the best of friends if we lived next door to each other. I say that without a doubt. Her blog has such variety. AND always entertaining.
6. Nicky and Mike at We Work for Cheese
These two should be paid by me for teaching me some things about Canada. Very interesting blog which continues to tell me all kinds of things I didn't know. I didn't even know that I didn't know some of this.
Plus they also, are great commenters and I appreciate their points of view.
So consider yourselves challenged but really, my friends, if you don't want to participate, just take it as a "high five" from me to you, that I really enjoy you as friends and writers. I can't tell you how much entertainment I get from reading your blogs. You can carry the burden as to why my house isn't as clean as it used to be.